Theatre for Change invite you to
An Introduction to Forum Theatre
A four day Training for Trainers Workshop facilitated by ALâ Theatre for Change takes place:
3rd & 4th and 10th & 11th March 2017 10am to 5pm each day
Participants will be expected to complete all 4 modules.
Venue: Galway Diocesan Pastoral Centre, Newtownsmith, Galway
Cost €260: Early booking essential as places limited.
For payment details and to secure your place please contact Anne on
Book your place before February 14th 2017
Deposit of €200 to be paid by February 14th 2017
Full amount by February 21st 2017
Deposits not returned after February 21st 2017
This is a self-financing workshop
Who will benefit:
Anyone who works in the area of social care, children, youth work, older people, education, community development , development education, social justice and inclusion and human rights. Community leaders who can use it in their work to explore the social issues that is important to their community
On completion of the Theatre Forum Module students will have:
- Examined oppression and its structural and systemic nature.
- Contextualised this work within the different cultural, social and political contexts in which it developed and where it can be more appropriately used.
- Practically considered and reflected upon different aspects of Theatre Forum through workshops.
- Explored and critically examined a range of contemporary examples for Theatre Forum practice.
- Have the capacity to introduce elements of forum theatre into their work with and within communities.
- Have participated in and experienced in every aspect of a Forum piece from devising to performing a Forum piece to peers.
Theatre for Change Facilitation Skills Training Workshops
Every Thursday 7:30 to 9pm
Diocesan Pastoral Centre,
Árus de Brún, Newtownsmith, Galway
To register please email or 0857345877